Laser printers are great until they stop working right. Then, they are anything BUT great. Say you’ve got a document that is due on your bosses desk in 15 minutes. Or a proposal to be in the mail by end of the day. So you hit ‘print’ only to find ____________. Aarrgghh!
What’s Up With This Toner?
So, what exactly is going on with the toner? How can you rectify the matter ASAP?
It’s a common scenario. Fixing non-sticky toner problems shouldn’t be too challenging. We’ve got you covered. Plus, we’ve offered a few troubleshooting tips to get things flowing again!
Here’s the problem. The toner is not fusing to the paper. It flakes or rubs off the page. There may be smears on the printed page. Now is a good time to change the fuser, if damaged. It may not be hot enough to fuse the toner to the page.
6 Fixes When Printer Toner is Not Sticking to the Paper
- If your printer takes different types of media, Verify that the media (paper/card) used matches the printer setting.
- Adjust the Fuser and BTR (transfer roller) to properly match the specific media (card/paper) used.
- Try to adjust the fuser temperature to the highest setting — especially if you are printing using specialty type papers or card stock. Refer to your specific user manual for directions how to adjust the temperature setting on the printer.
- Swap out the fuser for a new one if available. See if the problem persists.
- Using a generic, off-brand toner cartridge? it could be a matter of poor quality or incompatibility with the fuser. Try purchasing brand name, original toner.
- If the toner is still not adhering properly, break out the product manual. Or reach out to the manufacturer’s tech support. If you are lucky enough to work with an in-house IT department, call them for assistance … FAST!